This course will enable participants to develop an awareness of the legal issues associated with matters of public health and an appreciation of legal and ethical implications of the work done by health care professionals in this area.
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Define ethics, medical ethics and bio ethics
- Defend the importance of observing medical ethics in health care delivery and promoting human rights
- Apply Ethical principles in the design, conduct and analysis of bio-medical and social research involving human subjects
- Appraise health care systems to provide leadership in strengthening ethical practice in the context of medico-legal provisions
- Appraise public health laws and measures to enforce precautions in the control of infectious diseases in across international boarders
- Suggest approaches to dealing with key areas that have been the subject of historical and emerging bio-ethical dilemmas